Bryan College of Health Sciences recognizes and appreciates the important contributions made by students in service to our country. In support of these students, the College has developed procedures to provide each student with maximum flexibility in the event the student is called to active duty.
If a Bryan College of Health Sciences military/veteran student is called to active duty while currently enrolled, the student must present a copy of the official orders to the Student Records Office. Students have three (3) options depending on the length of the activation: take a temporary leave of absence, withdraw completely or take incompletes in their courses.
- If the student is being temporarily activated for duty, including annual and/or monthly training, or mobilized:
- The student may take a leave of absence from their course(s).
- Student needs to inform professor of absence dates ahead of the absence.
- Student will not be penalized for missed classroom time, but is responsible to complete any coursework that was assigned during dates of absence.
- If the student is being mobilized or deployed for an extended period of time or is being reassigned or transferred permanently, the student may withdraw from classes immediately.
- Bryan College of Health Sciences will not hold the student accountable for tuition-related expenses for the term, session, or semester.
- A “W” grade will be represented on the student’s official transcript to show the reason for the withdrawal and withdrawal date.
- If the student is being mobilized or deployed for an extended period of time or is being reassigned or transferred permanently, the student may request a grade of “Incomplete” for their course(s).
- If the student has completed a substantial portion of the course and required coursework, the instructor may approve the student request for an “incomplete” in the course.
- I to F Policy: Students called to active military duty will be exempt from the subsequent semester automated changes of I to F grades for the term of deployment and the year prior to deployment. Students may complete work upon their return from duty or may choose to maintain the “I” grade. Therefore, “I” grades for students called to active military duty will remain listed as “I” until a change of grade is submitted by the faculty member, or indefinitely, if so desired by the student. Tuition and mandatory fees would be assessed in full.
- If arrangements are made with only some of the instructors for grades or incompletes, the registration for those courses would remain intact and tuition and mandatory fees would be assessed for those courses. Any courses for which arrangements cannot be made for grades or incompletes could be dropped and the tuition and mandatory fees for those courses would be refunded.
Students will be eligible for readmission to the College after completion of their active duty.